Recently the topic of token emissions for liquidity providing and farming came up within the community and this feels like a good time to bring this up for further discussion. let’s start with going over what we know, some of the information shared on this topic in the past, any improvements to consider and then discuss further in the comment section.
WRT distribution info
Wingriders DEX offers a detailed breakdown of WRT distribution available to all, updated frequently. This is the best source to use and start with to get a good overview of the distribution info:
Farm Emission Logic walkthrough
Wingriders team has shared some insight on this topic previously here:
Among other things, this blog details the current long term strategy for farming emission to last until 2027 or 2028:
- 40% of supply dedicated to farming rewards
- slow and steady decrease of rewards over time to ensure rewards last for years
- option to suggest to buybacks of WRT with platform swap fees to refill the farming emission treasury
Community Feedback & Further discussion
I believe the plan set out by the team is sound and shows a well thought out long-term strategy: durable tokenomics, adaptive farming emissions, and a buyback mechanism option together with community governance.
The rewards are built to last and there will be incentive to provide liquidity for years to come, together with options to extend this even further when the time is right.
But something that could be improved on is making this plan more transparent and easily available for all so the DAO can have an even better understanding and some ownership of the emissions.
- How could the emission logic be better presented for all? How can the DAO have an even better understanding of the current farming emissions? e.g. Is it possible to have further live info on the DEX, updated graphs focusing on emissions, etc?
- 2027-2028 and beyond: it’s never too early to prepare! When would be a good time to look at options like buyback to replenish farming treasury?
- Any other thoughts, comments or feedback around the current plan presented here, any information that’s missing or that could be improved upon?